A Nigeria where women and girls are empowered and are able to amplify their voices, express their preferences, and aggregate their interest toward building a more equitable society
To promote the rights of women and girls by providing a safe space for them to share their stories, and become a constituency that is willing and able to influence public narratives and public policy using avenues and opportunities within the systems
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To initiate programs that raises the voices of marginalized women through storytelling
- To create platforms for inter-generational conversations and mentoring to sustain the gains and increase the momentum of women’s rights movement in Nigeria
- To engage in behavioural change communication using new and conventional media to achieve cultural re-orientation that is value-based and promote unity in diversity
- To facilitate cross-cutting partnerships that provide global support for local efforts to achieve gender equality and social justice
- To support the activities of community organisations and build their capacity towards efficient service delivery
- To raise a cadre of women who are willing and able to take leadership positions across the socio-political and economic sectors to drive the desired institutional reforms
- To expand the civic space and support the process of synergizing women networks towards achieving a united front in the fight for social justice
Above Whispers is a platform for those who want to have a mature engagement online. It is primarily, (but not exclusively) aimed at women, and will provide an opportunity for people to engage in discussions about a range of issues such as politics, social justice, development, financial security, women’s rights, health, entrepreneurship, popular culture, faith, parenting, relationships, and other relevant areas.
Above Whispers is a unique platform to engage with other people in an atmosphere of mutual respect.